Monday, August 4, 2014

Timothy's photos Aug. 4th


Photos from the week 8/3/2014

Posted: 02 Aug 2014 12:04 PM PDT
[]
This week Roy and I had our first opportunity to go do a seminar at a village. Three cooperatives came together to learn about fruit trees.

[]
After theory, we went out in the field and planted 19 different kinds of fruit trees in one of the cooperatives fields. 

      I found the army ant nest that has been sending waves of soldiers to invade Danforths� and my house. Roy and I dug into the nest, poured gasoline into a few of the tunnels and lit them on fire. The gas must have gotten all the way into the main chamber, because there were a few nice explosions. I went back later in the day and dug into the center of their mound, and found a huge hole about a meter deep and wide. 

[]
Roy pouring gas down one of the army ant holes.


Four fires going, one at each major entrance. From time to time there would be an explosion and a big puff of fire would fly out of one or more of these holes. I was unable to get a photo of that though.



It looks like it is that time of year again. Mangosteens and Rambutans.

No comments:

Post a Comment