Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Timothy's photos Sept. 9


Photos from the week 9/7/2014

Posted: 08 Sep 2014 07:38 AM PDT
     Since we don't have banks, grocery stores, or hardware places, and we were running low in all the things you can find in them, Danforths and I had to go to Yaoundé, Cameroon, for supplies. Among other things, we got a replacement water pump for the one the lightning blew up.


There are two major camps for Central African refugees along the road to Yaoundé. This one stretches two kilometers! 


One day while planting trees at the international school in Yaoundé, I found a whip scorpion. Definitely one of the coolest bugs I have seen.


During the week I was gone two swarms of bees moved in to some empty grass hives I had put in some trees. There is a plastic plate with a hole in the center, and the bees use that as the entrance. The rest is grass.


It must be swarm season because this morning I found and captured another swarm. This makes three new hives in the last week!


No comments:

Post a Comment